Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I know this Have
Nothing to do with Music BUT.......


This photo was taken at the scene of a house fire that occurred over the weekend.
I've never heard this info before...
(( A R O M A- Outlet P L U G -IN's)) This may Save a Life and Your Home Please Pass this Blog on !
I use these damn things all the time so thats why im posting it because it kind of scared me.....
READ BELOW
Received from a friend who is in the insurance property business. It is well worth reading.
This is one of those e-mails that if you don't send it, rest assured someone on your list will suffer for not reading it. The original message was written by a lady whose brother and wife learned a hard lesson this past week.
Their house burnt down.. nothing left but ashes. They have good insurance so the house will be replaced and most of the contents. That is the good news.
However, they were sick when they found out the cause of the fire. The insurance investigator sifted through the ashes for several hours. He had the cause of the fire traced to the master bathroom. He asked her sister-in-law what she had plugged in the bathroom. She listed the normal things....curling iron, blow dryer. He kept saying to her, 'No, this would be something that would disintegra te at high temperatures'. Then her sister-in-law remembered she had a Glade Plug-In, in the bathroom.
The investigator had one of those 'Aha' moments. He said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has seen more house fires started with the plug-in type room fresheners than anything else. He said the plastic they are made from is THIN. He also said that in every case there was nothing left to prove that it even existed. When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two prongs left from the plug-in were still in there.
Her sister -in-law had one of the plug-ins that had a small night light built in it. She said she had noticed that the light would dim and then finally go out. She would walk in to the bathroom a few hours later, and the light would be back on again. The investigator said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim and go out rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down it would come back on. That is a warning sign.
The investigator said he personally wouldn't have any type of plug in fragrance device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many places that have been burned down due to them.
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.
NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOUSE, BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE
WWW.BACKPACKBOOGIE.COM

1 comment:

Alex G! said...

Damn, my wife has those things EVERYWHERE in the house. I am going to have to go back to the old school and get some nagchampa. I feel for the families loss. Good thing they have insurance so they can rebuild with new memories.